Friday, July 16, 2010

These "strings" are not playing my tune.

Holy tight hamstrings, BATMAN!  I went to my third Vinyasa Flow yoga class yesterday and I really love it.  I just don't know if my hamstrings and calves will ever open up and stretch out.  I can't even get my heels to touch the floor in the downward dog position. 

I know yoga will help tremendously with the training I'm doing; to help balance, strengthen and ground me.  Here's my little prayer to the yoga gods,  "Please just make me stretchy and bendy so that I don't look like such a dork when I try to touch my toes."  "I would also like to have killer arms like Madonna, just without the fake British accent, thank you."

1 comment:

  1. Down dog is not always the easiest pose for me. Thanks for mentioning how tight those hamstrings can be! I found that Leeann Carey has a great free yoga video on modifying down dog for your hamstrings. Your readers might want to check it out: http://planetyoga.com/yoga-blogs/index.php/free-yoga-video-key-positioning-skill-kps-push-and-reach-w-chair/

    ReplyDelete