Wednesday, July 14, 2010

It started like this...

I know you're super excited to hear about what led up to the moment that I hit "submit" on my online registration, right?  Okay, not that exciting but just a bit of background.  I swam competitively for many years: through elementary school, high school, and college.  I was a sprinter, and in reality still am.  I've got a sprinters body: short, compact and muscular.  My husband refers to it as "Umpa Lumpa-ish".  He loves me, he really loves me. 

Being a type A personality, I felt the need to try and conquer running.  Why...I don't really know.  It was something that I could step outside my door and do without a gym membership or babysitting issues.  Within 6 months I went from running only a mile to doing my first 1/2 marathon.  Over achiever you might ask?  Nope, just stubborn and slightly foolish.

Don't I look dork-a-licious?


Seeing that I had at least learned to pace myself and endure some distance (without keeling over in death) I knew it was time to reach for the stars.  Alright, not the stars but a celebrity triathlon!  Insert wink here. So, that's it in a nutshell.  I used to be a swimmer, now I guess I'm a runner with swimming in my proverbial closet, and I'm moving up in the world to triathlete.  Exciting isn't it?

2 comments:

  1. You should be so, so very proud of how far you have come. You are def my inspiration little lady!!

    ReplyDelete