Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Oh my aching...

...legs.  What did you think I was about to say? 

Road the bike to yoga and decided to be double dorky; two for Tuesday, right?!  I had my yoga shorts on under my bike shorts.  I felt like a marshmallow being sucked through a straw.  Either that or a new form of Korean style bratwurst.  Let's just say that I was thankful to take one of the layers off for yoga. 

Today I noticed that my heels went down just a hair closer to the floor in the downward dog position.  The yoga gods must have been listening to my prayers.  I'm also thankful that it wasn't a hard leg workout today too seeing that I had a bike ride scheduled right after.

From yoga I decided to ride up to one of my favorite Pho restaurants and grab some lunch.  Nothing like a great bowl of soup to motivate you to ride your bike after 1.15 hours of yoga.  Filled my belly up and road back home.  15 miles in all and over 1400 calories burned this morning. 

4 comments:

  1. Wow you kind of amaze me. :) 1400 calories in a morning.. I want to be you when I grow up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! So you want to be hyperactive and take on more than what is considered sane? Thanks for the compliment though. Oh, and I'm making up for some of the calories w/ a beer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seeeee ... maybe that's the motivation I need to get exercising myself. Burn a billion calories, get a beer. :)

    Keep up all the awesomeness Risha! I love reading this and I hope you'll have a photographer friend along for your upcoming races!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jaime! Maybe I should fly you out to be my personal paparazzi!

    ReplyDelete