Sunday, July 18, 2010

Biker gang

Yesterday I went for a group bike ride with my friends: Aimee, Sarah, Lisa, and her friend, Tarah.  Rode 15 miles around Ko Olina and broke in my new bike shorts.  Wearing them takes the same level of confidence that a competitive male swimmer has when he wears his Speedo.  I felt like I had a target on my butt that read "Look here!"  That all disappeared when my hiney sat on my uncomfortable, aerodynamic bike seat. 

The ride itself was great! It was a fairly easy ride with one long, low hill and one steeper one (we did them 3 times).  I really need to work on my hills.  I'm pretty wimpy about my legs feeling the burn.  I tend to store a lot of lactic acid in them and can cramp up easily.  I don't think I was even close to that happening, but I was a little hesitant about pushing it too much.  Especially, seeing I had been working my legs for the past 7 days. 

I'm looking forward to my next ride with these wonderful ladies.

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to ride with you again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete