Thursday, July 29, 2010

From Tri to Bi

Well, my first triathlon has magically become a biathlon.  Tag the World founder, Robert Parks-Valleta, called each participant to explain what happened.  From what I understand the city of Honolulu told the coordinators that they were not allowed to have an organized/timed bike ride that weekend.  Why things changed I have no idea.  You would think this would have been all set in stone prior to promoting the race. All I know is that I better see some celebrity booty swimming and running! 

So, now I will be swimming 700 meters and running the optional 10K (instead of the 5K).  There will be an organized, "unorganized" bike ride after the run.  However, it will not be timed and will not count towards where you place upon finishing.  If it doesn't count I'm not doing it.  So there!

I'm a little disappointed; however, I'm also a little relieved too.  One less event means one less thing to worry about.  I'm still training as if it were a tri and I figure I'll just be a head of the game when October rolls around. 

No comments:

Post a Comment