Tuesday, August 3, 2010

War wound

It finally happened.  My first injury from training.  Believe it or not, I actually fell over again.  And again, it was when I was almost standing still. 

4 miles into my bike ride I approached a very narrow bridge.  At the same time I noticed a cat that looked as if it could be part Bengal (my cat is a Bengal) so it of course distracted me. As I was trying to decide how I would cross said bridge, I forgot to disengage my left foot from the pedal.   I fell completely over onto the path.  Bloody knee, huge bruise on the inner portion of my lower thigh, and road rash on the outer portion. 

Like a a good masochist I got up, wiped off the blood, and continued to ride 16 more miles, did my yoga (thanks again Amanda for your yoga towel) and road home.  I eat danger for breakfast. Haha!

2 comments:

  1. it is horrible looking, but like you said, "def not your last"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't want to have a matching one? Haha!

    ReplyDelete