Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Burn baby, burn!

It is pretty amazing, when you stop and look at the numbers, to see just how many calories can be burned.  Four days a week I do double workouts of either run/circuit or bike/yoga.  On those days I burn an average of 1000 to 1400 calories.  My two swim days I burn approximately 500 calories (I must be slacking- ha).  Last week a total 5,045 calories were burned! 

This is certainly was not standard for me; however, neither was this workout schedule prior to my commitment to training.  Here's what really gets me... for four months I didn't exercise and burned very minimal calories.  How the heck I didn't double my size is beyond me.  I wasn't eating as much as I am now, but I also wasn't eating as healthy. 

So the moral of this story is- pay attention to what you feed your body and keep moving.  You'll feel better, look better, and stay healthier.

No comments:

Post a Comment